Conservation Education NEWS
Conservation Education Vision:
To build relationships between youth, and adults, and their natural world, empowering toward environmental responsibility.
Whatever the season or age group, Ausable Bayfield Conservation has a program for you!
Ausable Bayfield Conservation's Educational Programs
- Promote understanding of our local water, soil, and living things
- Develop character traits and social skills (leadership, imagination, creativity, respect)
- Increase enthusiasm for learning
- Encourage physical and emotional well-being
- Foster environmental stewards
- Have strong Ontario Curriculum links
- Are active
What's new in education?
- It's a new School Year! ABCA has new special offers to WATERSHED SCHOOLS for 2016-2017 sponsored by NextEra Energy Resources.
- From April-June, visit a conservation area for an outdoor program! -- Get your bussing costs completely covered for one field trip.
- From February to April, bring nature to the classroom! -- Choose up to 3 classroom programs from our In-School programs list which are available at no charge. Not only do you save on busing costs by having Ausable Bayfield Conservation come to your school but your student's will learn about soil and/or water for FREE.
- Not a School Group? Interested in bringing people together to learn about the local environment! Ausable Bayfield Conservation can deliver any of the outdoor or classroom programs to you group on an evening or weekend. Don't see what you are looking for? Let us work with you to develop something which can meet your groups needs and interests. Special thanks to the Ausable Bayfield Conservation Foundation for supporting programs in 2016. Due to an overwhelming response in 2016, ABCF will be supporting 20 free programs again in 2017.
Ausable Bayfield Conservation hosts annual public events including Morrison Dam Owl Prowl.
There may be other events which the Ausable Bayfield Conservation may be involved with throughout the year. Please check out the News and Events section for updates.
There are other events where Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority is recognized as a partnering organization. See Community Partnership for Educational Events webpage information and web links.
For more information, or to book a program: call 519-235-2610 or toll-free 1-888-286-2610 or e-mail: info(at)abca.on.ca or visit the staff contacts list.